Friday, June 5, 2015

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my dear Mom's passing.  I still miss her very much.  Mom always loved to see what I was working on and when I would get "stuck" she would encourage me to keep going.  At times, if she didn't like something she wouldn't be shy about telling me.  Often, she would be confirming that nagging doubt that I already had and was trying to ignore!

As promised, here are a few more blocks of my new design, "Once Upon A Tile". The lighting wasn't very good when I took the photos and the backgrounds look like different colors, but they are really all the same.




I'm still not sure how I am going to set the blocks, so for now I'll just keep on appliqueing.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Bye for now.

3 comments:

marina said...

lovely to share your memories of your mum, two years has passed so quickly.
your blocks look amazing! I particularly like the last one, so much detail and your fabrics look so beautiful! Happy stitching.

Dolores said...

Lovely. Will this be a full sized quilt?
It's nice to have such wonderful memories of your mom.

Allie-oops Designs said...

((((((((((Hugs to you)))))))))))) Anniversaries are so hard.....I really adore your new blocks Dorothy, the symmetry just sings and I love all the detail. And of course your workmanship is beyond amazing!

Post a Comment