I was so pleased when I finished preparing the setting triangles for the centre block of my new(old) Vintage Tiles quilt. I took some photos to show you, and discovered I had the stripes going in the wrong direction on two of the triangles! I couldn't believe I'd been so stupid!! It's a good job Mom was in the next room or the air would have been blue! LOL Luckily, they were only glued and not sewn yet, but it was still really frustrating. I swear, I think I am spatially challenged! I always found geometry difficult when I was in school, and maybe that was the reason.
Here are the photos, and as you can see, the yellow rose background has the stripe going horizontally instead of vertically!
I'll have to peel the applique pieces off, and recut the background fabric. Here's hoping I have enough fabric.
I've still got a few more blocks to design for this quilt, but I would really like to finish it by the end of March. Here's hoping.
Bye for now. Chat with you later
Doing what I love to do
9 hours ago