Monday, August 18, 2008

Productive Weekend

It was a very good weekend. The sun was shining and it stayed dry! It's funny how the weather can affect your mood and productivity. I find I have to really force myself to do things, even things I like, when it is gray and wet outside, but on a sunny day I feel so motivated! This weekend I completed two more blocks of my new Vintage Tiles in Neutrals design, glued two others ready to sew, and even managed to complete a few "must do" things around the house.

Here are the two I completed.




I'm hoping I can keep up the pace and get this one finished by the end of the summer, I have another idea in my head that I want to get started on. LOL The wheels never stop turning!

Chat with you later.




8 comments:

Marisa said...

Dorothy, your taupe blocks are very very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing more! I love your quilt taste, and will be back to visit your blog often!

Myra said...

The blocks look great! Can't wait to see them all put together! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Sunny said...

Dorothy - These are great. I love the neutrals. I am the same way about the sunshine. When it is bright and sunny out, I let all the light in and get alot accomplished. When it is overcast and grey, so am I.

Deb said...

Your blocks are turning out so gorgeous Dorothy.. the fabrics you are choosing really compliment them. I see that you have been very busy.. keep going we are all at the edge of our seats to see the next ones.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Love those blocks, beautiful patterns.

Anonymous said...

These fabrics-- stunningly vintage- the colors blend so well like Sunny said with the contrast of Grey, and Taupe.. You are truly talented!

Solstitches said...

You certainly did have a productive weekend. The two blocks you made are gorgeous.
Like everyone else I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt top.
I know it will be beautiful.

Nazarina A said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!I always watch the quilting shows on RMPBS and then there was the "Simply Quilts" that was on HGTV. Were you on that show? If not you should have been because people like me would have enjoyed your work!!!

Post a Comment