Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and I'd like to wish you all a very happy New Year.

We had a quiet Christmas this year, but an enjoyable one.  I gave my sister my "Nireko's Roses" quilt as a combination Christmas/65th birthday gift, and she was thrilled.  She put it on her bed as soon as she got home, and I must say it looked stunning!  I'm really tempted to make it again for our bed.

The other day I received a lovely email from Ruth Maness with a photo of her version of "Vintage Tiles Revisited" which won Guild's Choice at the April 2014 Ozark Country Quilters quilt show held in Cassville, Mo.  With Ruth's permission, here is a photo of her quilt, which she hand appliqued and hand quilted!!
Isn't it wonderful?  Congratulations Ruth, a well deserved award.

I'm afraid I don't have anything new to show you.  My latest finish is still at the quilters. Hopefully, I'll have something for my next post.

Bye for now.

4 comments:

Ina said...

There you are! I'm so glad you had a lovely holdiay. We did too. I was sewing xmas gifts and shipping up until the week before xmas. got it done but no quilts as gifts this year. No time! Just wanted to say 'hello' and wish you a happy new year. ;p

arncar said...

A beautiful quilt. I love the colours.

Unknown said...

It is very pretty. Good and colors, Tried to save the pattern I still can't you gon na get it. I really want to have a pattern. What do we do about it?

Allie said...

Happy New Year, Dorothy! Wow I bet your sister was thrilled - your quilts are always stunning. Congrats to Ruth, she did a lovely job!

Post a Comment