Monday, October 13, 2014

Nireko's Roses

Carrying on with my love for the Japanese Taupes, here is my latest design, that I just got back from the quilter.  I called this one "Nireko's Roses", as it was Nireko, who used to be the "go-to" lady at Lecien when they were in the US, who got me started using their taupes, and who so generously sent me a bunch of samples of their discontinued yarn dyed fabrics.  I love using the yarn-dyes in my quilts, as they add another interest to the quilt.  I made this one using up a lot of the left-over fabrics from "Vintage Tiles Revisited" and the yarn-dyes.
It was quilted by Irene of Brayne Waves Quilting.
Of course, I still haven't got the binding sewn on, but if I waited till then you might never see it! lol

I hope everyone has enjoyed their long weekend, Thanksgiving for us Canadians and Columbus Day for my American friends.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Another stunner, Dorothy - this is too beautiful!!

Ina said...

wow!! another stunning quilt! one day i will make a taupe quilt...one day. ;p

Post a Comment