Friday, May 21, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Amy of Park City Girl blog is again hosting an on-line quilt festival. Each participant is to post a photo of one of their favorite quilts with a little story about it.

One of my favorite quilts, is this quilt called "All About Bears" and it was my first design.
At the time, my daughter had quite a collection of teddybears that were taking over her bedroom. I made a deal with her that if she put away some of more well worn teddies I would make her a quilt. At the time, I didn't realize the fun I would have with it.
Why don't you visit Amy's blog and check out all the wonderful quilts being showcased, and even write about one of your own. Just click on the Quilt Festival button on the right-hand side of my blog. Be forewarned though, it's addictive!
I hope all my fellow Canadian bloggers have a wonderful Victoria Day weekend and all my U.S. friends enjoy their Memorial Day next weekend.
Bye for now.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorothy,

This has always been my favorite of all your quilts! All the work you must have invested.... I am glad I know the "behind-the-quilt" story!!

Thanks for visiting me today. I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend as well.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I love the new look on your blog.

Myra said...

Love your bears quilt Dorothy! 8-)

Deb said...

hey someone gotta facelift..love the new summery look..
All about bears is still one of my favorite patterns I have seen many quilts made from this pattern and also have this pattern waiting for me to have as much fun as you did. I also have the other bear pattern you did with them holding the balloons as the medallion..another on my list.. you are a fabulous Canadian Designer Dorothy and very much appreciated from one Canadian to another...hugs

cerato said...

Hi Dorothy,

I like the new look of your blog.
Happy weekend
Hugs

Dolly said...

What a good way to keep your part of the bargain. She still has her teddies, and something to keep her warm while she loves them.

Tammy said...

This way she can cuddle with all of her bears at one time! I love this design...very well done!

Marika said...

Very much good work!
Congratulations the beautiful quilt

Allie said...

I love this quilt so much Dorothy, what a neat story behind it!

Army Wife Quilter said...

wow the detail in the bears. wow. i like the others too. wow

Kim D. said...

Love the story behind the bear quilt Dorothy. Love those adorable bears and I bet your daughter cherishes this quilt.

Laurel H. said...

What a fabulous quilt--and your first design, no less!

Heather said...

Hi Dorothy, Your bear quilt and your other patterns are lovely.

quiltmom anna said...

What a great bear design you have created. I love teddy bears and have a collection of Boyd Bears ceramic bears. I made our son( now grown) a bear quilt for his bed. Perhaps another time I will make a bear quilt again.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece.
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
Anna
http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

There are lots of great teddy tales happening on your quilt. My 4yo son loves his teddies.

Randi said...

Great quilt & story!

Solstitches said...

Who doesn't love a teddy bear?
It's such a sweet quilt and I love the story behind it.
You are a very talented designer Dorothy.

Sandra said...

what a delightful pattern, very creative. Thanks.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

fantastic quilt!! what marvelous work and you've designed and made a great heirloom for your daughter. thanks for sharing it and the story--that's a sweet one and you were very clever!!

Post a Comment